Here is the digest form of the minutes of the Occupy Bernal General Assembly on December 21, 2011. Thanks to Kat, our notes taker!
OCCUPY BERNAL GENERAL ASSEMBLY
21 December 2011
(Decisions at the top for posting on the website; detail follows for GA email list only)
- Molly, Steve, and Stardust took photos; no one objected to having their picture taken for use on the web or in media.
- We approved 80/20 consensus. So…the consensus level of support needed to pass a proposal in the Occupy Bernal General Assembly will be 80 percent in favor. Vote was: 2 stand aside; 1 “disagreeable”; all others in favor of 80/20.
- Created Housing and Foreclosure Workgroup. Unanimous vote.
- Created January 20 Action Workgroup. Unanimous vote.
- Created the following additional Workgroups: Outreach, Education, Coordination, and Communications (including media work and setting up occupybernal.org website, email lists, and email). Vote was 2 stand asides; all the rest in favor. (This vote was taken after most of the group had left at the break.)
- Next Occupy Bernal Meeting: January 11, 7-9 pm. Location to be determined although intention is to reserve the Bernal Heights Neighborhood Center again. Unanimous vote.