Occupy Bernal Media Advisory
For Immediate Release
What: A family-friendly street party and the Good Neighbor Awards.
Where: Andover Street between Cortland and Ellert
When: May 19, 2012 from 1-4 p.m.
Occupy Bernal is proud to have helped prevent the evictions of some of our neighbors! To show appreciation for the hard work and perseverance of Bernal locals, we’re throwing a “foreclosure fighter” fiesta.
In addition to hobnobbing with our neighbors; still in their homes no thanks to the banks:
– the infamous Wild Old Women who regularly shut down the local Bank of America branch to national acclaim are expected
– hear organizer Stardust play oboe in the Occupy Bernal Band
– see Occupy Bernal instigator Beth Stephens and artist/activist Annie Sprinkle hand out the awards to neighbors whose homes are in foreclosure and who are fighting to stop predatory bank practices.
– eat barbecue cooked by foreclosure fighter Tom German
– enjoy a potluck, live music, kids activities, education, silkscreening with Families Occupy San Francisco [ https://www.facebook.com/
Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/
To sign up for the Occupy Bernal press list and/or obtain photos and video of the event, see http://www.occupybernal.org/